Friday, January 4, 2008

***4***

Ahhh, you thought I was gonna miss a day already???? NO WAY!

Actually, I had to work today so I brought my camera along and decided I would find something interesting to take a photo of during lunch. We went to a restaurant downtown and right there on the side of the building was a huge mural of a city. It was just calling my name so before we left a snapped a couple shots.

I had a lot of fun editing these! I'd probably hang one on my wall! Too bad you can see the shadows of the power lines. I'm not good enough at photoshop to edit them out. Oh and I don't know how to straighten either. Oh well, I'm still happy with them. Let me know what you think!

I couldn't stand far enough away to get the whole wall, so this is the portion I found most interesting.



Just to show you the detail, here's a 100% crop.


This one I was just playing around with different effects. Not sure how much I really like it, but its fun to play. I'm trying to learn about adjustment layers! Fun, fun, fun. :)


I've realized that I really need to get out more and find interesting things to photograph. You know, things other than my son. ;) I really enjoy finding beauty in everyday things.

7 comments:

Meghan said...

Wow, Allison, that is COOL! I love it! Sucks about the shadows, but still pretty darn fun. :)

Anonymous said...

that is fun! I love the color and the distortion. reminds me of being a kid and everything being so big. if you decide to print, shoot me over an original file and I'll straighten her out and clone out those lines for ya!

Anonymous said...

Nice shots, Allison. There is so much out there that we never appreciate. Makes me want to get out and start exploring.---Mama

melissa said...

Very creative. Makes me want to lug my camera around with me. ;)

Jill said...

That wall ROCKS !!! I see some COOL grunge pics of 'K' in front of it too, not to mention potential senoir shoots. I like the last edit too, kinda cool :)

Lisa B said...

Interesting perspective/distortion. Love the color!

Janice said...

I love these shots! so full of colour and fun! What a funky wall - definitely something to keep in mind for shoots, like Jill said!