Monday, July 19, 2010

Getting There.

Kaeden has always been very leery of the water. He's always enjoyed playing on the steps or in VERY shallow water but has always been scared of going out to where he can't touch even if he's being held or has on floaties. Last summer I tried my best to get him swimming. We got as far as holding his breath under water and diving for torpedos on the steps but thats about it.

So this summer I decided to go ahead and put him in swim lessons. I don't know why I waited so long! He was not excited at ALL when I told him he was going. Even told me he was NOT going to go. However, from day 1 he has loved lessons. He goes twice a week and looks forward to it each time. The instructor was able to take him out in to deeper water without a fight. He even jumped in off the side. Something he would NEVER do before. So needless to say I am thrilled.

We've been practicing over at my in-laws house and he's doing great. He can swim from the steps to me on the other side of the pool. :) This weekend I made him put on swimmies so he could float out in the pool and swim around. He loved them and was all over the pool and doing canon balls off the side!

kaedenjump

kaedenswim

kaedengoggles

I just love that he's loving swimming now and I can't wait for him to get better at it. I'll have to try and get some pics of him swimming without the swimmies but I'm always in the water with him.

1 comment:

Mama said...

The difference between last year and this year is amazing. Good for him!