When I got divorced 2 1/2 years ago it was one of the darkest times in my life. I felt alone, betrayed, used, weak, vulnerable, the saddest I'd ever been. I always tried to keep my emotions in check, to hold it together as much as I could for my son. But when I got in the shower each day I would just break down. I remember it so well. Just sobbing on the shower floor. All alone where no one would know I was falling apart. That seems like forever ago now that I am in such a different place in my life. But I took this to remind myself just how far I've come from that dark place.

3 comments:
love this! very emotional and dark. reminds me of 'the ring' a little.
This took my breath away........
This is a very emotional photo, Allison. The things we do for the sake of our children. K is lucky to have you. You're a tough woman and look at your life... Congrats, you're in such an awesome place now!
Post a Comment